- Sew a weighted cord into the hem of sheer drapes, or sew a 10-inch triple hem instead.
- Always line drapes ‒ it protects them from the sun, and gives them body.
- For sheers, get nicer results by multiplying your width by 2½ or 3.
- For drapes, get nicer results by multiplying your width by 2.
- If your drapes need ironing, do it when they are still damp.
- Fabric is generally 54" wide; if double pleated, your drapes will measure 24" wide. If you have 2 drapes and you want to make them wider, add an extra length that you’ve cut in two, and you’ll have 36" drapes.
- Optimal drape length is 88" or 90" (L).